Friday, February 16, 2007

Babysitting Rocky

I wonder if any of my students noticed how exhausted I was today! You see, I am babysitting a cat for a friend of mine. The cat is totally adorable, but he is kind of nocturnal. He was up all last night, running around and making funny noises. His favourite noise is "mrrrrrr mrrrrr". Sometimes he just goes "meOW MEoooow". Last night, one of his preferred games was to play "attack the toes". Everytime my toes stuck out from the sheets on my bed, the cat would pounce on them and try to chew them. After this happened about ten times, I tried putting the cat outside of my bedroom and closing the door, but that just started up a slow wailing sound "mmmmmeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwww" until I let him back into the room. He was good for a while then, but I woke up in the middle of the night to find two eyes glowing 1 cm in front of mine. It freaked me out, and when I freaked out, the cat freaked out and jumped on my head to escape. Anyway, I woke up this morning exhausted to find the cat sleeping peacefully on a pile of my clean laundry. I hope he is enjoying his nice relaxing day at home so that he can stay up all night again attacking my toes and jumping on my head.

7 comments:

Super Saiyan said...

I started to read your blog with tears in my eyes because noboday wrote me comments on my blog; however, SOME NICE people worte commets on the picture. But actually after reading your blog I was loughing. Anyways, now I know what you meant buy being busy and not finishing correcting our essays on time. YOU WERE PLAYING WITH THE CAT !!! By the way, did you ask the cat what taste were your toes?! :P If you want I can give oyu my photo picute so that the cat will be staring at my picture and not disturbing you

mysteryviking said...

Hi Scott! Haven't come to your blog for a long time. Just wanna say Happy birthday to you!:D

June said...

hi,scott! This is a really naughty but lovely cat! I always want to have a cat or dog one day! by the way, i don't know if it's too late, but i still want to say: happy birthday!

Felice said...

Happy Birthday :)!!
Many years ago, I also had a cat and his favourite game was exactly the one you mentioned!!!! I remember my first nights with that cat were terrible - I was even afraid to go to bed because my kitty had really sharp nails, unfortunatelly :(
He also would like to jump out of some secret place in the dark hallway on someone's "walking legs". I just hated that!!!

And ohh no!! Cat on the clean laundry!!! I hope he's trained and knows where the litter box is :)

Sane said...

haha gee Scott! that must have been a hard time :P. Anyway you said he's cute so you shouldn't complain ;) teach him the birds sound it might be less noisy :P

anna said...

What is the breed of the cat? Isnt it persian? Why wouldn't you bring him to the class?
Yulia

Alif said...

I think the cat has liked you too much. As you are not at home in the morning, it doesn't sleep in the night. It just wants to play with you in your free time.