Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hey everyone! It's great to see that everyone is starting to blog all the time. I hope that you are all enjoying it.

Hmmm, what should I blog about. I have been so busy lately! In fact, I have been so busy that I don't have time to cook lunch or supper any more, so I have been eating all of my meals here at the university. If I can get the special in the Education Cafeteria, that's not so bad because they have a daily lunch special that is only $4.99. Usually it is pretty good. The only problem is that they are sometimes late getting the lunch ready, and I don't have time to eat it, or it isn't ready when I have my lunch (I have to eat my lunch at 11 or 11:30 because of class). When the special isn't ready, instead I have to spend almost $8 for my lunch. Yikes!

Supper isn't so bad though because usually I have time to go to Mac Hall, and there are lots of choices there. Lately, my favourite place to eat is "Opa!". That is a Greek place, and it has amazing food. I really love the lamb slouvaki. My other favourite places are the place with the Vietnamese subs and the Vietnamese Noodle place. I've also seen a lot of my students working there, so it's fun to see them out of class.

Now, the only problem is that I'm worried all this university food isn't healthy for me. I wonder where my students like to eat on campus. Maybe they know some better and healthier places . . . . .

7 comments:

Alif said...

Really, it's not healthy to take foods in the restaurant, but it tastes good. As I do not have much experience, I can take some food in your favourite food.
Thanks Scott! for giving the name of the restaurant.

SabRina said...

Hello Scott,

actually I think take foods in the restaurant is better than cooking by myself...you know most people are very busy everyday, they don't have time cooking at home. the restaurant is the best way, and also i like eating in restaurant too....

Felice said...

I prefer eating at home. It seems to me that many restaurants don't serve healthy food - you never know how many times they used the same oil or if they didn't drop your steak on the ground :)
So if I have some free time, I always cook something yummy that will last for a few days. I would advise you at least to cook vegetable soup. It doesn't require much time and it is very good for your stomach.
PS Opa is also my favourite place to eat:)

Steven said...

Do you like the Chinese food? I really like it. Ohhhhhh, it’s delicious. There are many branches in Chinese cuisine methods, and there are 8 branches which are very famous.

My favorite is the cuisine method from Sichuan province.

In my opinion, the food in this city is dull, comparing to Chinese food. Maybe, Chinese has the creativity in this field.

Yichen said...

Hi Scott, you might cook some health food and take it to your office.

Happy Amy said...

I am working in A&W now,and I tell everyone,"DO NOT go to eat A&W!! Never!!" I work there therefore I know how unhealthy it is....

by the way, I think Chinese foods are really healthy, or sushi~~

serenity said...

I agree with you,the U food is not healthy.
I don't know have ever tried chinese food.
especially chinese tradional food.